- Wednesday evenings will be structured effort sessions and will include hills, fartleks, intervals etc. These will be led by either Jon and Natasha Fielden, Dave Oxbrow or Ali Marshman. All coaches have relevant qualifications to lead the sessions and are there to guide members towards upcoming events.
- Saturday mornings – Ali will coach ‘skills and drills’ one week with every other week a Turbo/Tri session. Dave will coach the run session on the Tri session Saturday.
These sessions are in response to the questionnaire feedback and will focus upon the following elements:
· Improve/develop run efficiency by means component skill development - specific drills and skills development
· Improve/develop muscular endurance - specifically core and run specific exercises involving some plyometrics exercises, bounding, hopping and the like.
· Improve/develop flexibility by way of structured stretching.>>
There will be a simple to complex progression over a number of weeks (6-8 which should lead to Christmas time) - week 1 won't require you to hold the plank position for 5mins or being able to show the box splits! There will be pacey run reps involved – high pace good form intervals to condition the body to run efficiently.
The alternate weeks will be bike specific sessions and we hope to stay outside for as long as possible, hill reps, brick training, turbo sessions, high gear low cadence leg strength reps etc etc. Realistically an indoor venue will probably be needed over the Winter to sustain the sessions and there will be a small charge to cover the cost of the hall.
These Saturday sessions will be ideal for anyone who considering duathlons and they will improve your running fitness. There are plenty of winter duathlons for members to aim for.
However for those of you whose main interest in running Dave Oxbrow will be leading the alternate Saturday sessions.
Cross country – a number of runners are interested in doing more cross country running and we will be looking at running some sessions to accommodate this. It is hoped to start a Sunday morning social run led by Dave Palmer which can incorporate this and appeal to members training for Ultra events.
Swimming/ Tri sessions
- Swimming sessions will resume on Friday 5 September at Battle Abbey pool 8pm-9pm. Please contact Ali on email@example.com if you are interested as we have a limited number of spaces.
Beginner’s running sessions
– Natasha will be holding an 8 week beginner’s course starting on Tuesday 7 October at 7pm , this will be structured around a run/walk programme and all participants should be able to run for 30 minutes at the end. Please let all your friends and family know about this as we are keen to get as many people as we can running. Please contact Natasha on Natasha@bexhillrunnerstriathletes.co.uk
We are hoping to hold another pub quiz early in October and have booked the Xmas meal at the Cooden Beach for Sunday 14th December 2014. 12:30 for sit down at 1pm. £22.50 per person. Children £11.50 or £5 for members
The club has been contacted by the Rowing Club who alongside their 2 man ‘Row Across the Atlantic’ event in December are raising funds for St Mary’s School, Bexhill. With the club’s help they are organising an endurance run event on November 23rd with proceeds going towards St Mary’s. Members will be able to enter as Individuals or teams. In return for our help and support the club will receive media advertising and our logo will be added to the boat!
If successful it is hoped this will become an annual event. There will be kids races beforehand and more details will be available beginning of September. The club has committed to providing some marshals and organising the kids races.